- Missing courses required to enter a college program?
- Trying to upgrade basic or workplace level credits?
- Wanting to update your academic skills?
Programs of study include:
- Communications (English)
- Qualify for an offer of admission to a college program
- Qualify to receive scholarship and/or bursary awards to assist with the tuition fees for a post-secondary Durham College program
Academic upgrading is:
- Offered every semester, call 905.721.3131 for dates or visit the Academic Upgrading – College preparation webpage
- Offered during the day
- Personalized to meet your needs
2000 Simcoe St. North
Oshawa, Ontario L1G 0C5
To learn more about online ACE courses visit Online education – Academic and Career Entrance Program (ACE).
Here’s how to get started:
Interested students are invited to attend an Academic Assessment session in math and/or English as a starting point. Writing the assessment provides us the opportunity to determine your skills and knowledge in these subject areas and helps us to create a personalized education plan to help you reach your goals. How much formal education you have completed doesn’t matter. In fact, the assessment is a great opportunity to reflect all types of learning from life experiences, work experiences, as well as formal education.
Sessions start promptly at 9:30 a.m. and finish at approximately 2:30 p.m. on the following dates:
Please note, the following sessions will take place in Centre for Collaborative Education (CFCE) 3rd floor:
- Friday, September 14 (Will be held in room 313)
- Friday, September 28 (Will be held in room 313)
- Monday, October 15 (Will be held in room 321)
- Monday, October 29 (Will be held in room 321)
- Monday, November 12 (Will be held in room 321)
- Monday, November 26 (Will be held in room 321)
- Monday, December 10 (Will be held in room 321)
Reserve your seat by calling 905.721.3131 – seating is limited!
On Steps to Success session days – please park in Founders 2. Bring your ticket that is issued as you enter and we will be able to provide a voucher at the end of the day to cover your parking costs.
Parking for ongoing Upgrading students is available in Founders 2, at a special rate of $5 per day with proof of registration.
How can I prepare for the assessment?
Remember, the assessment is not a pass or fail experience; it simply shows the skills you have gained or lost since you have been away from school.
Math – a review of the following subjects may be helpful: decimals, fractions, metric, order of operations, ratio and proportion, per cents, geometry, algebra, and trigonometry. Some useful web sites you may wish to visit include:
English – a review of reading and comprehension and writing skills may be helpful. Some useful web sites you may wish to visit include: