The Office of the Registrar plays a key role in the delivery of a wide variety of services to prospective students, applicants, registered students, and graduates of Durham College. The department is comprised of the following areas:
- Admission Services
- Enrolment Services – Oshawa and Whitby campuses
- Reporting and Student Information Services
The Admission Services department is responsible for the administration of all admission functions supporting the overall enrolment objectives of the College, including pathways, credit transfer and prior learning assessment recognition (PLAR), Second Career and WSIB.
The Admissions office manages all admission records and supporting documents received from applicants via OCAS, other institutions and directly. Admission Services is responsible for evaluating all applications received for each admission cycle and communicating with applicants regarding next steps in the process.
Admissions officers make decisions on applications and assist those who have applied to the college. The Admission Services team supports all types of applicants, at all stages of the application and admission process, in order to ensure student success.
Enrolment Services – Oshawa and Whitby campuses
Enrolment Services is the first point of contact to a variety of client groups who visit the Student Service Building or Whitby campus, email or call the Contact Centre. Each Enrolment Services Representative (ESR) is a facilitator of student needs, examining and determining the correct course of action to be taken by the client.
ESRs will be responsible for performing transactions such as:
- Answering general inquiries
- Performing registration transactions (full-time, part-time, Centre for Professional and Part-time Learning, Centre for Integrated Justice Studies, Corporate Training Services, apprenticeship)
- Processing payments
- Updating student records
- Verification of enrolment and graduation
- Booking appointments with Specialists in Admissions, Registration, Student accounts and Financial Aid
- Distributing documents requiring simple validation
- Accepting various forms and associated documents
ESRs are responsible for conveying basic information regarding Financial Aid and Awards, Admission Services, Student Collections and Records related inquiries. If an inquiry requires a higher level of detail or response they will escalate the inquiry to a tier two representative from the required area to maximize customer service.
Our department also maintains the integrity of the student’s academic records by processing the following in compliance with the institutional policies:
- Grade changes
- Official name changes
- Program withdrawals
- Course adds and drops
- Student course load review (full-time/part-time)
- Assessment of fees
- Refund processing
- Official transcripts
- Graduation audits
- Initial credential production and requests for reprints
- Reduction tuition program tracking
Whitby campus (only)
- Process apprenticeship, as well as OYAP (Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program), ad hoc and specialized registrations
- Process corporate billings
Reporting and Student Information Systems
The Reporting and Student Information Systems department is responsible for the configuration of the College’s Student Information System related to admissions, registration and graduation processes involving the Office of the Registrar.
The department is also responsible for the production of a number of mandatory reports submitted to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and plays a lead role in the distribution of reports for internal clients.