In the spring of 2018 Durham College (DC) will participate in the College Quality Assurance Audit Process (CQAAP), showcasing the ways DC puts the student experience first.
Formerly known as the Program Quality Assurance Process Audit, or PQAPA, CQAAP includes the submission of a college self-study to the Ontario College Quality Assurance Service (OCQAS) – the organization which conducts the audit – and a site visit by OCQAS on Wednesday, May 30 and Thursday, May 31.
CQAAP is a provincially mandated external review of the processes DC implements and uses to ensure program quality. It is also a valuable tool that supports DC’s commitment to transparency and accountability in all aspects of our operations and business. Each of Ontario’s 24 colleges of applied arts and technology participate in CQAAP every five years.
The CQAAP standards provide the framework for Ontario colleges in assessing how our quality assurance mechanisms meet the established standards. The audit’s purpose is developmental and its intent is to ensure continual improvement.
The Centre for Academic and Faculty Enrichment (CAFE) is leading DC’s CQAAP efforts. Members of the CAFE team have been connecting with schools and departments to gather examples of how QA is embedded in all of our programs and services, which will inform the self-study.
Once the final self-study package is submitted in early April, preparations will begin for the site visits. Over two days, OCQAS auditors will meet with pre-selected representatives from all areas of the college, including students, administration, support staff, frontline support, faculty, governors, and Program Advisory Committee members.
- Friday, April 6 – Final self-study report due to OCQAS
- Monday, April 9 to Monday, May 21 – College stakeholder site visit preparatory meetings
- Wednesday, May 30 to Thursday, May 31 – Site visit with OCQAS audit panel
- Tuesday, August 7 – Preliminary audit report
- Friday, August 17 – College response to preliminary audit report
- Monday, August 27 – Final audit report submitted and signed by both OCQAS and DC
- September to October – Formal OCQAS management board decision
- TBD – Publication of OCQAS management board approval
- March to April, 2020 – CQAAP 18 month follow-up report due to OCQAS