To accommodate the installation of a tower crane for construction of Ontario Tech University’s new building at the Oshawa campus, Founders Drive between the crosswalk north of the UL Building and the crosswalk at Founders Gate will be closed on Thursday, October 24. No traffic will be permitted through this section of Founders Drive between 5 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Motorists who normally enter campus at Founders Gate but require access to Avenue of Champions should use the Conlin Road entrance to campus as an alternative.
- All gates to Founders lot 2 as well as pay-and-display parking spaces will remain accessible as normal, but please be cautious when driving in these areas due to the presence of construction equipment.
- Pedestrians should cross Founders Drive only at designated locations. Follow posted signage.
- Be aware of the presence of large vehicles in the area.
- Do not use the walkway corridor adjacent to the west side of the construction site.
Your patience and co-operation is appreciated.