Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Durham College is seeking a part-time Audio Visual Technician from September 2, 2015 until March 12, 2016. The incumbent will work 24 hours per week at a rate of $25.00 per hour. The incumbent will provide Audio Visual service and support at the main Oshawa Campus to both Durham College and University of Ontario Institute of Technology.
- Responsibilities are focused on responding to Service Desk calls that require immediate resolution to classroom issues.
- Must be familiar with Audio Visual hardware including but not limited to data presenters, monitors, DVD/VCR players and control systems.
- Required to interpret user needs and demonstrate to faculty, staff and students the correct procedures for operating of audio visual equipment.
- Must have proven customer service skills working occasionally in a stressful situations.
- Service calls will be required to be logged via the call ticketing system.
- Collaborate with staff/departments to facilitate Durham College and UOIT events conference center and non-academic events.
- Work independently and be prepared to work on site location. Ensure security of on-site equipment.
- Nature of work may require early starts and/or late finishes.
- Will be required to occasionally support off hours events at Whitby Campus Centre for Food
Work closely with other technical staff with the approved instructional technology installations for both DC/UOIT.
Other duties as required by manager.
- Two or three year diploma in Electronics Engineering Technician/Technology
- Must have 3-5 years extensive experience with updated Audio Visual Technologies
- Customer Service Training
- Infocomm CTS training is an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Must be able to climb up to 12’ on a ladder
Interested candidates may submit an updated resume to email@example.com, quoting competition number SP15-14W. Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is found.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation in applying for our postings or if you are selected for an interview, please contact Keri Molson, HR Assistant and we will work with you to meet your needs. The HR Assistant may be reached through any of the following methods:
In person: Campus Corners, 2069 Simcoe Street North