On-Call Test Centre Invigilator
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Details regarding the Durham College Test Centre can be found at http://www.durhamcollege.ca/services/services-for-students/test-centre
Test Centre Invigilators are scheduled on a part-time, ad-hoc basis throughout the week (except Sunday) to oversee the writing of tests and exams in the Test Centre, thereby ensuring the academic integrity of the exam-writing process. Test-writing clients may include college or university students, apprentices, or external persons pursuing post-secondary or association credentials. Invigilator duties include, but are not limited to:
- Retrieving tests and test materials from secure storage, and making ready for test session, completing any required pre-test forms,
- Checking students into the exam room, verifying identification, and communicating Test Centre rules and instructions to exam writers,
- Invigilating the test or exam, ensuring exam writers are not cheating, maintaining a quiet and orderly environment,
- Ensuring approved accommodations for persons with a disability are delivered effectively,
- Gathering completed tests and test materials, and submitting same as required to staff or faculty, completing any post-test forms,
- Completing Invigilator Reports, as needed, for exam disruptions and unusual occurrences,
- Escorting exam writers to the washroom for washroom breaks,
- Reporting depleted inventories of office supplies, test materials, forms and literature,
- Reporting deficiencies in Test Centre lighting, cleanliness, and related comfort issues as needed to the Service Desk,
- Resetting furniture (e.g. align desks and chairs) on a regular basis.
Invigilators undertake to maintain the integrity and security of all exam materials, and engage all exam-writing persons in a professional and reassuring manner, with consideration for privacy issues. Invigilators interact with Test Centre staff (schedule, timesheet, exam instructions, etc.) and faculty (co-invigilator) on a regular basis.
Post-secondary education required, preferably in an education-related field. A demonstrated ability to learn and use technology (Microsoft Office, computer software other than Microsoft Office, surveillance systems, Blackberry) is preferred. Prior experience working for persons with disabilities is preferred. Preference will be given to those available for shifts from 2 to 5 hours during the business week, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
Interested candidates can submit a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting competition SP15-23W. Applications will be received until suitable candidates are found.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation in applying for our postings or if you are selected for an interview, please contact the HR Assistant and we will work with you to meet your needs. The HR Assistant may be reached through any of the following methods:
In person: Campus Corners, 2069 Simcoe Street North