As part of its ongoing commitment to putting the student experience first, Durham College (DC) is redeveloping its Student Centre to offer new spaces, dining options and additional space for supports.
While the location remains the same, the redeveloped space will now be home to:
- New dining options for all students and employees, available as of Tuesday, September 4
- Booster Juice – Enjoy premium smoothies and juices.
- The Grill House – Enjoy fresh food options representing global cuisine.
- New student spaces
- eSports Gaming Arena – Scheduled to open in 2019, the arena is part one of a four-phase eSports plan, which will also see an eSports club, varsity program and eventually, integration of eSports into current and future curriculum. More information about eSports at DC can be found on the website.
- Student Lounge – Students will be able to enjoy downtime and study in the newly renovated Student Lounge, which is scheduled to open at the end of September.
- SALS Tutoring Centre available as of Monday, September 3
- Student Academic Learning Services (SALS) is extending their services to the Student Centre. In addition to the supports and programs offered in the Student Services building, students can access the SALS Tutoring Centre in room 217, a space dedicated to peer tutoring. SALS workshops and drop-in tutoring sessions will be offered and the area will also serve as a student study space for individuals and homework groups. Contact SALS by email or at ext. 2491 for additional information on available services.
- DC Students Inc.
- DC Students Inc. (DCSI) provides a range of services from administration of the health and dental plan to offering outreach services: support, counselling, information, referrals, events, and training with a focus on four key areas: Women’s Issues, Pride and the LGBTQ Centre, sexual health and the Campus Food Centre, a food bank available to all DC students who need help making ends meet. Email DCSI for additional information on the services they offer.
As the college prepares for another exciting academic year, the Student Centre will continue to play a vital role in campus life and we look forward to sharing it with the college community.