At the discretion of the faculty member, students have the opportunity to write a missed class test in the Test Centre
- It is the professor’s responsibility to book students for missed tests. Missed test bookings will not be accepted from students.
- Professors are to complete the invigilation form. Forms are available in the Test Centre office or on ICE (under forms).
- For students with approved accommodations through the Access and Support Centre (ASC) professors should indicate on the form (in space provided at the bottom) which accommodations are requested by that student for that test.
- Oshawa and Whitby Campus: All students are to be booked and write during an open session.
- Pickering learning site students can be booked Monday or Friday at 9 am or Wednesday at 3 pm. Invigilation forms must be delivered online and will not be accepted at the reception desk.
- Faculty should coordinate date with the student prior to submission to the test centre. Testing begins at the start time as indicated on the calendar.
- More than 1 test can be booked per student per session as long as the total test duration does not exceed 3 hours.
- Faculty deliver the completed form with the test to the Test Site at least 3 business days prior to the test date. The test must accompany the invigilation form (incomplete requests will not be processed). Submissions are to be sent electronically only.
- Tuesday Sessions – requests must be received by the office by 4 pm on Thursday
- Wednesday Sessions – requests must be received by the office by 4 pm Friday
- Thursday Sessions – requests must be received by the office by 4 pm Monday
- Friday Sessions – requests must be received by the office by 4 pm Tuesday
- Saturday Sessions – requests must be received by the office by 4 pm Wednesday
- Tests are not booked until faculty receive a CONFIRMATION email (to their Durham College email) with a booking reference number.
- Faculty are to inform the student of the date and time booked ONCE the booking has been confirmed. Suggested to forward the email confirmation with reference number to the student.
Durham College students who fail to show without prior notice to the test centre are subject to the $10 No-Show fee applied to the student account.