Durham College welcomes alumni back to hold reunion events with their former classmates.
The Office of Development and Alumni Affairs has many great discounts and resources for you to take advantage of when planning your reunion including exclusive rates for local accommodations, restaurants and attractions as well as assistance inviting all of your old friends to the party! Once you’ve got your event details in place, our team is also happy to spread the word on our social media accounts and list the event in our ‘Save the Date’ section of our DC Alumni Magazine.
We invite alumni to take advantage of one of our pre-planned reunion event options or plan something unique for your group! Please note that all costs associated with alumni reunions are the responsibility of each reunion group. Pre-planned options include:
Option 1 – Bistro ’67 and the Whitby campus
- Enjoy a meal in Bistro ‘67’s private dining room
- Take a tour of the spectacular W. Galen Weston Centre for Food and the Whitby campus
Option 2 – Oshawa campus
- Enjoy a meal in the South Village Residence Cafeteria or have campus food provider, Aramark cater your group a meal in an available room on campus
- Take a tour of the Oshawa campus including the amazing Centre for Collaborative Education
- Cheer on the Durham Lords with preferred seating at a varsity home game (dependent on schedule)
- Rent on-campus amenities such as the gymnasium, field house or ice rink
Ready to plan your reunion? Follow the suggested steps below to get started!
- Find classmates
- Complete a reunion interest form and submit to the alumni office. Once completed, the alumni office will send an email to your former classmates informing them of your interest in planning a reunion and connecting them to you. For privacy reasons, Durham College cannot share contact information but with your permission, we can give your former classmates your email or phone number.
- Secure a date
- Once you are in touch with your classmates, work on securing a date. For larger groups, we recommend that you set up a survey using free online tools like Survey Monkey or Doodle to ask which date works best.
- Share event information
- Share your event information with the alumni office for assistance with promotion and booking campus tours (or in the case of pre-planned option 2, rooms).