The hard work and dedication of Durham College’s (DC) more than 1,000 students in the class of 2020 have been celebrated through variety of online and physical festivities during Fall Convocation.
Hosting a large ceremony wasn’t possible this year however, DC marked the accomplishments of its graduates with the creation of a Convocation Recognition website.
Filled with elements typically seen at convocation, the site features:
- Messages of congratulations from DC’s leadership team and each school’s dean.
- Virtual shout outs and recognition for grads submitted by family, friends, faculty and college employees.
- A list of frequently asked questions related to graduation.
- Links to order DC merchandise, from grad rings to flowers.
- Information about life as a college alumni, including benefits details.
- Digital DC swag so #DCGrad2020 pride can be shared online.
- Details about what comes next after graduation.
In addition, the site acknowledges this year’s Alumni of Distinction winners. The Alumni of Distinction award honours the extraordinary contributions DC graduates make to society while achieving career success. Congratulations to Judy Pal (Sports and Entertainment, 1983), Nancy Shaw (Practical Nursing, 1985), Lori Lane Murphy (Public Relations, 1988) and Ellen Stitt (Water Quality Technician, 2013).
The DC Alumni Association (DCAA) also helped ensure the class of 2020 was celebrated by providing free, DC-branded lawn signs that are now displayed at graduates’ homes to show college pride while celebrating their success.