Open Access Week is a global campaign to promote open and equitable access to research and knowledge. The open movement encompasses:
- Open Educational Resources (OERs): No-cost teaching and learning materials like textbooks, course materials, images and games licensed for reuse with few restrictions.
- Open access journals
- Open data
- Open teaching practices
- Open source software
Learn more about OERs
- OER Toolkit and Open Images and Media Guides – Campus Library
- Finding and Using Open Textbooks – Faculty PD Day slide deck
- eCampus Ontario Potential of Pressbooks Webinar – YouTube
3D Printing Workshop: Find and Customize Open Designs (open to all, drop-ins welcome)
Find free design files, customize them using free software, choose the right printer settings and get your file ready to print. We will also talk about why and how creators share their designs using open licenses.
- Wednesday, October 23, noon to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, October 24, 3 to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 29, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 30, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Join the conversation!
- We’re posting our favourite open source software for academic and personal projects. Share your favourites with us on Facebook and Twitter!
For more information, contact the Campus Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.