Strategic Enrolment Services plays a key role in the delivery of a wide variety of services to prospective students, applicants, registered students, and graduates of Durham College. The department is comprised of the following areas:
- Student Recruitment & Admission Services
- Enrolment Services – Oshawa and Whitby campuses
- Reporting & Student Information Services
Student Recruitment and Admission Services
The Student Recruitment & Admission Services department is responsible for the administration of all recruitment and admission functions supporting the overall enrolment objectives of the College.
Specifically, the Recruitment aspect of our business is responsible for marketing the program offerings of the institution and for leading the college in meeting the first year targets established for the fall, winter and spring/summer intakes. The team utilizes a variety of methods to achieve this mandate including, but not limited to:
- CIP (College Information Program)
- CIF (College Information Fair)
- Open House (spring and fall)
- Individual school visits
- WSIB and Second Career funded programs
- Transfer credits, PLAR, advance standing
- On-campus tours
The Admissions office manages all admission records received from OCAS. Admission Services is responsible for evaluating all applications received for each admission cycle and communicating with applicants regarding next steps in the process. Each school has a dedicated admissions officer to make decisions on applications and assist those who have applied to the college.
Enrolment Services – Oshawa and Whitby campuses
Enrolment Services is the first point of contact to a variety of client groups who visit the Student Service Building or Whitby campus, email or call the Contact Centre. Each Enrolment Services Representative (ESR) is a facilitator of student needs, examining and determining the correct course of action to be taken by the client.
ESRs will be responsible for performing transactions such as:
- Answering general inquiries
- Performing registration transactions
- Processing payments
- Updating student records
- Verification of enrolment
- Booking appointments with Specialists in Admissions, Registration, Student accounts and Financial Aid
- Distributing documents requiring simple validation
- Accepting various forms and associated documents
ESRs are responsible for conveying basic information regarding Financial Aid and Awards, Student Recruitment & Admission Services, Student Collections and Records related inquiries. If an inquiry requires a higher level of detail or response they will escalate the inquiry to a tier two representative from the required area to maximize customer service.
Our department also maintains the integrity of the student’s academic records by processing the following in compliance with the institutional policies;
- Grade changes
- Official name changes
- Program withdrawals
- Course adds and drops
- Student course load review (full-time/part-time)
- Assessment of fees
- Refund processing
- Official transcripts
- Graduation audits
- Initial credential production and requests for reprints
Whitby campus (only)
- Process apprenticeship telephone registrations, as well as OYAP (Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program), ad hoc and specialized registrations
- Process corporate billings
Reporting and Student Information Systems
The Reporting & Student Information Systems department is responsible for the configuration of the College’s Student Information System related to admissions, registration and graduation processes involving Strategic Enrolment Services.
The department is also responsible for the production of a number of mandatory reports submitted to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and plays a lead role in the distribution of reports for internal clients.
If you are a DC student or applicant, please visit MyCampus.