FastStartDC is a free, co-curricular, program offered to Durham College students and youth from our community who are under 29 years of age. The FastStartDC program is designed to help entrepreneurial students and youth develop and launch their own businesses. We help our clients develop valid business ideas, solid business plans and we even create and build the marketing assets needed to take their products and services to market – quickly and successfully.
We welcome DC students from every campus and every program! We are also open all year-round. You can get started working with us at anytime.
FastStartDC’s partners include four academic institutions and two community entrepreneurship groups:
- Durham College
- Fleming College
- Greater Peterborough Innovation Cluster
- Spark Centre
- Trent University
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Fun off-campus and on-campus networking events and business idea pitch contests – win cash prizes!
- IdeaEngine – A customized online program to help refine your business ideas at the entry stage of the FastStartDC program – this is the first step for everyone.
- Business plan preparation and one-on-one coaching with our experienced team of coaches and advisors.
- Programs throughout the year, such as boot camps and student incubators.
- Connections to our community program and funding partners, like the Spark Centre, Futurpreneur Canada, or the Business Advisory Centre Durham (BACD), where you can find additional services and support to help you quickly advance and launch your business.
Hosted by FastStart, an entrepreneurship partnership among: University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Spark Centre, Durham College, Trent University, Fleming College and GPIC. FastStart is supported in part by the Government of Ontario through the On-Campus Entrepreneurship Activities program managed by Ontario Centres of Excellence. FastStart is a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs.
FastStart Home Website: http://www.faststartfs.ca