FastStartDC is a free, co-curricular program offered to students of Durham College. Students from all of DC’s programs and from any campus are eligible to participate. The FastStartDC program is designed to help entrepreneurial students develop and launch their own businesses, while they are studying at Durham College.
We provide a rich experience at FastStartDC – students develop valid business ideas, solid business plans and we even help them to curate and build the marketing assets and e-commerce platforms that they need to take their products and services to market – quickly and successfully.
You can find us in the 360insights Entrepreneurship Centre, located at the beautiful Centre for Collaborative Education! We are open all year-round and provide ample space for our students to work on their business start-ups, collaborate with other student entrepreneurs, and make themselves a hot cup of coffee. We also have a state-of-the-art studio space that can be booked for our student companies audiovisual needs, as well as an innovative ‘Meet-Pitch-Play’ room where students can pitch ideas to investors, tinker with our Raspberry Pi, Arduino software, clay or Legos, or simply host a private boardroom meeting with their team.
FastStartDC’s partners include four academic institutions and two community entrepreneurship groups:
- Durham College
- Fleming College
- Greater Peterborough Innovation Cluster
- Spark Centre
- Trent University
- Ontario Tech University
- Fun off-campus and on-campus networking events and business idea pitch contests with cash prizes.
- IdeaEngine – A customized online program to help refine your business ideas at the entry stage of the FastStartDC program.
- Business plan preparation and one-on-one coaching with our experienced team of coaches and advisors.
- Programs throughout the year, such as idea jams, workshop series, Pop-Up Markets, and networking events.
- Connections to our community program and funding partners, like the Spark Centre, Futurpreneur Canada, or the Business Advisory Centre Durham (BACD), where students can find additional services and support for their businesses.
Hosted by FastStart, an entrepreneurship partnership among:Ontario Tech University, Spark Centre, Durham College, Trent University, Fleming College and GPIC. FastStart is supported in part by the Government of Ontario through the On-Campus Entrepreneurship Activities program managed by Ontario Centres of Excellence. FastStart is a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs.