The information below is for domestic students only.
International student information can be found on the English Language Proficiency and ELT Partners webpage.
Applicants who have completed one of the following will not be required to submit additional documentation.
- Grade 12 English credit at the C or U level
- Post-secondary domestic English credit
- Successful test result from the English assessment (Accuplacer) at the Durham College Test Centre
- Academic IELTS: 6.5, no band score less than 6.0
- IBT TOEFL: 88, with minimum section scores of 22
- Pearson PTE: 58-64
- CAEL: Overall score of 70, no section below 70
Accuplacer English Assessment
Booking an Assessment: Contact the test centre, 905.721.2000 x2557 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment for testing; please quote the name of the test (Admission Eligibility – Comm.) and your student number.
Daytime, evening, and Saturday test times are all possible options. Testing requires a proctor and can be delivered as soon as arrangements are completed. Results will be forwarded to Admissions and added to your application.
Location: Office B291, Gordon Willey Building (main building) – located above the Security booth on the 2nd floor.
Fees and Payments: There is a cost of $22.50 to the applicant, payable in advance. VISA and MasterCard payments can be made by phone at 905.721.2000 x 2557, or by email at email@example.com. In-person debit/credit payments can be arranged in advance if required. If cash is the only means of payment, please visit the Student Services Building in advance and receive a receipt to present at time of testing.