For Durham College students who are taking their first steps toward managing their finances effectively we offer access through MyCampus to the Enriched Academy Fundamental of Financial Awareness education modules. The following modules include a series of videos, quizzes, and tools to help you improve your financial literacy skills and develop confidence in handling your personal finances.
- Money Myths
- Understanding Credit
- How to Save
- Building Wealth
- Goal Setting
- Building Your Brand
You can also schedule a one on one appointment with a Financial Aid Coach to help you prepare a budget and deal with financial issues during the school year. Your income and expenses along with resources are reviewed with a coach to help you identify problems and explore solutions. Through financial coaching, you can learn to keep your finances in order.
To effectively prepare your budget, you should:
- Plan your budget at the start of the school year.
- Avoid using credit cards on a regular basis.
- Be realistic with your spending.
- Keep track of your spending habits.
- Maintain an accurate record of your bank accounts.
- Review your budget regularly, allowing for circumstantial changes