Electronic banking is the fastest, most convenient way to pay your fees. You can pay through online banking, telephone banking or even by automatic teller machine (ATM).
Add ‘Durham College’ or ‘Durham College – Tuition’ as a payee and use the nine-digit student number found on your acknowledgement or offer letter/email.
We encourage you to make your online fee payment as soon as possible, and at least five business days prior to the due date, in order to ensure there is enough time for your payment to reach us.
Please note: Payments cannot be made through Interac e-transfer or PayPal.
You may choose to pay your fees by credit card through the DC website.
- If you are a new student, use the online student tuition credit card payment link.
- If you are a returning student, use MyCampus (under Helpful Links – Paying Your Fees – click Credit Card payment).
Accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard and American Express, Discover and Diners Club.
Please note once a payment has been applied to your student account, all credit card payments must be paid through the MyCampus portal.
Durham College is no longer permitted to accept credit card payments on paper based forms to ensure protection of credit card data. Students making service requests or tuition payments can do this through your banking institution or through the MyCampus payment portal.
If you have not accessed your MyCampus portal in more than 90 days you will be required to reset your password for security purposes. You can do this by clicking this link and following the steps. If you experience difficulty resetting your password please call 905.721.3333 or call 905.721.3000 if you have any questions.
FULL-TIME POST-SECONDARY STUDENTS
Durham College (DC) offers multiple payment options for full-time post-secondary students.
In order to secure your seat in your program, you are required to pay a $500 non-refundable tuition deposit within two business days of confirming your offer of admission. Please note that your deposit will be applied to the total fees owing for the academic year.
For the balance of fees owing, you have a choice of two payment options:
- Payment Plan A: Pay total fees (less tuition deposit) for the entire academic year by the payment due date indicated on your estimate of fees (available in July).
- Payment Plan B: Pay fees for each academic semester (less tuition deposit) by the payment due dates indicated on your estimate of fees (available in July).
Once you have paid your tuition deposit, you will receive an email from us outlining other important information and dates regarding your next steps for registration.
DOMESTIC STUDENT DEPOSIT
The Enrolment Services office can reduce the deposit amount to $200.00 for full-time students who declare to us that they meet certain qualifications:
- Currently receiving funding from Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) or Ontario Works, or are the dependent of a person receiving funding through either of these programs;
- Currently receiving funding from the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB);
- Currently receiving funding as a current or former Crown Ward;
- Attending full-time studies at Durham College in the immediately preceding semester.
To apply for a deposit reduction, please email ‘email@example.com‘ with your student ID number and full name, and clearly state which of the above qualifications you meet.
If you are receiving, or are the dependent of a person receiving any of the above social assistance funding, you must submit a scan or photograph of your most-recent benefits statement and drug benefits card. The statement must have been issued within the last 2 months, must show the benefit type “Basic Needs”, and your name must appear as either the recipient, or as a dependent on the drug benefits card.
If you are receiving the CERB, you must submit a copy of your bank statement, showing the CERB deposit for last month, or a photo of the CERB cheque.
We will email you back to confirm your eligibility within two business days of receiving the required documentation, and provide you with information regarding your next steps.
If you do not meet any of these qualifications, you can contact our Financial Aid department (firstname.lastname@example.org). Their office may be able to reduce the deposit based on additional criteria.
- To ensure you retain your seat, the proof of your eligibility and the deposit payment should be received by the College no later than the deposit due date. Payments received after this date will be considered late, and may be subject to Admissions waitlist policies.
- Students applying for OSAP funding are responsible for ensuring that their OSAP application is complete and all required documentation is submitted in a timely manner. OSAP deferments will be automatically granted in early August for qualified students.
- Students who are not approved for OSAP are responsible for paying their remaining fees by the due dates.
OSAP FUNDED STUDENTS
Students receiving funding from the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) are required to pay the $500 non-refundable tuition deposit.
- If you have paid your deposit, and are receiving sufficient OSAP to cover your tuition, your tuition payment will be deferred automatically until your OSAP is released at the start of the school year.
- Please review your OSAP assessment to ensure you meet the above criteria. If the conditions are met we will collect your tuition fees at the time we release your OSAP funding.
- OSAP funds are not released until the first day of school and take approximately 3-7 business days to be deposited to your account and forwarded to the school.
- Please make sure you check your OSAP status regularly as it will update you on both the release of funds and remittance to the school.
- Any questions regarding your OSAP can be directed to email@example.com
THIRD PARTY SPONSORED STUDENTS
If you are receiving funding from an external agency or organization, you are required to pay the $500 non-refundable tuition deposit.
If you have written confirmation of funding, you are required to provide us with an authorization letter from your sponsor, on the agency’s letterhead. The letter must contain the following information:
- Name and student number of student being sponsored
- Start date/term and end date/term of sponsorship
- Items agency will cover i.e. tuition, mandatory student activity fees, optional student fees, textbooks and/or residence
- Name, address, and phone number of contact person, for billing purposes
- Mailing address of agency, for billing purposes
Once we have received this letter and you have been registered, your sponsor will receive an invoice to be paid. Please direct your sponsor to email this letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Invoices will be sent out to sponsors after the 10th day of classes in a semester. This allows students to register in their classes, and opt out of any eligible optional ancillary fees.
It is important that we receive your tuition deposit and authorization letter prior to June 15, 2020 to secure your seat in your program.
- Durham College does not accept sponsorships from private citizens; only external agencies and organizations are eligible to sponsor Durham College students.
- Students are responsible for opting out of any health and dental insurance plans if the student is eligible to do so and does not want the insurance.
- Durham College will not send any academic updates/transcripts to the sponsor. If required, the student can submit unofficial or official documentation to their sponsor directly.
- If your sponsor does not pay the invoice by the deadline, or if there is an outstanding balance on the portion for which you are responsible, your student file will be placed on “Financial Hold.”
- If your sponsor is only covering a portion of your tuition and student fees, you are responsible for the remaining balance and must pay it by the tuition fee payment due date.
AEROPLAN MILES AND TD POINTS
Thanks to a new agreement with HigherEdPoints.com, students can now redeem their Aeroplan© Miles and TD Points into funds that can be used to help pay for fees.
You can also convert the Aeroplan© Miles and TD Points of family members and friends as anyone can donate their points to an individual student.
For more information and to set up an account, please visit: http://www.higheredpoints.com.
Please note that it takes up to five business days for the credit to appear on your student account so keep this in mind as your fee payment deadline(s) approach.