NOTE: Students enrolling in this program are required to purchase their own laptop. For specific hardware and software requirements for this program click here.
Entrepreneurship and small business development are vital components to a successful economy. This program will provide you with the skills required to start, grow and manage a small business including developing the personal skills needed for success as an entrepreneur.
Upon successful completion of the program you will be able to produce a business plan that includes concept identification and development; planning; start-up; maintenance; management; and the expansion of a small business enterprise.
Students can also earn the following globally recognized certificates by taking Microsoft Office Specialist exams as part of their computer courses:
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Word Associate (COMP1209)
- Microsoft Office Specialist: PowerPoint Associate (COMP1209)
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate (COMP2209)
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Expert (if applicable currently will be offered in Accounting and Supply Chain programs)
Students who successfully pass all three exams can earn an extra certificate that recognizes their accomplishment with the Microsoft Office Specialist: Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019) certificate. DC students are provided access to Microsoft Office 365 through the college’s Microsoft Office account. See more details about this opportunity.
IN THE NEWS
Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify and discuss the impact of global issues on an organisation's business opportunities by using an environmental scan.
- Apply principles of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics to support an organization’s business initiatives.
- Use current concepts/systems and technologies to support an organisation's business initiatives.
- Apply basic research skills to support business decision making.
- Support the planning, implementation and monitoring of projects.
- Perform work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations and business practices.
- Explain the role of the human resource function and its impact on an organisation.
- Use accounting and financial principles to support the operations of an organisation.
- Describe and apply marketing and sales concepts used to support the operations of an organisation.
- Outline principles of supply chain management and operations management.
- Outline and assess the components of a business plan.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance in the business field.