The Campus Walk service is provided by trained student teams who will, on request, accompany students, staff, faculty or visitors to their car, the residence or other campus locations on weeknights. Campus Walk members are employed and trained through the Durham College Work Study program (DCWorks) program and supported by the Women’s Campus Safety Grant from the Ontario Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development. For more information on this program, please contact Scott Bronson at firstname.lastname@example.org
All members work in pairs and can be identified by their jacket and/or identification. Campus Security will provide escorts when Campus Walk is unavailable.
To request this service, contact Campus security at:
- Gordon Willey building, security desk, 905.721.2000 ext. 2400 or 905.721.3211.
- In the Student Centre, speak with security personnel.
- Pickering Learning Site, 905.831.6077 ext. 208.
- Student Services building, security desk.
- Whitby campus, Campus Security office at 905.721.2000 ext. 4098.
You may also call the security desks directly and request to be met at a specific location by Campus Walk team members. Campus Walk is operational from September to the end of April.
Oshawa campus hours of operation: Monday to Friday – 7 to 11 p.m.
Whitby campus hours of operation: Mondays to Thursdays – 6:30 to 10:30 p.m.