Whether you want to unwind after a long day of classes or are simply looking to work up a sweat, the Campus Recreation and Wellness Centre offers a wide variety of athletic and recreational services including:
- Five gymnasiums including a 28,000-square-foot triple gym with an elevated 200 metre indoor running/walking track.
- The 10,000-square-foot FLEX fitness centre featuring state-of-the-art cardio and weight machines.
- 2000 – square feet, state-of-the-art cardio, strength and free-weight equipment
- HD TV Cardio theatre on cardio machines
- Full showers and changerooms with lockers
- DC Students access space via their valid student ID Card
- Facility is fully staffed
- Hours: Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. – closed on Saturday & Sunday
CAMPUS ICE CENTRE
- Located on the north side of Conlin Road
- two NHL-sized ice pads, with seating for 500, and 200 respectively
- 10 change rooms
- food and beverage facilities.
CAMPUS FIELD HOUSE
The Campus Field House is an indoor turf facility that supports intramural and varsity programs.
Vaso’s Field is named in honour of Vasa Vujanovic, a legendary soccer coach, who coached the Durham Lords’ men’s soccer team for 17 years before coaching the women’s team for 10 seasons. Vaso lead both teams to multiple provincial championships and helped the women’s team win a national bronze medal in 2007.
The facility is also home to Durham College’s Lords varsity sports program. The Lords are a member of the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association and the Canadian College Athletic Association.
Visit the website for hours of operation and exception dates.
T: 905.721.3040 or 905.721.3715 (FLEX fitness centre)