Open Educational Resources, or OER, refer to any teaching and learning materials that reside in the public domain or have been released under an open license, such as a Creative Commons License, that permits no-cost access, use, adaptation and redistribution with no or limited restrictions (UNESCO).
OERs include open textbooks, course materials, videos, images, lesson plans, games and software.
Open Pedagogy refers to collaborative teaching and learning practices that help educators to advance a culture of sharing and active learning through OER (CLO).
How can we help?
The Library provides support in a number of ways:
- Identifying relevant OER collections and search tools
- Finding OERs, including open textbooks, for specific subject and topics
- Following license terms and copyright guidelines when using others’ work, including proper attribution
- Sharing your own work using open licenses
- Using open platforms such as Pressbooks to adapt and create OERs
For more information, and additional support services at Durham College: