The Career Development Office is proud of our partnership and ongoing collaboration with faculty and staff. Together, we work to prepare students for life after college, meet employer expectations and achieve career success.
Faculty, staff and students can access to DC Hired portal using MyCampus or DC Connect login credentials. We hope you will encourage students in your classes, labs, shops and offices to explore the resources available to them, and that you will look around yourself and provide any suggestions you think will be helpful for Durham College students and alumni.
Career Development coaches can deliver seminars in classes to align with the course curricula in the following areas:
- Get Hired - Introduction to Career Development.
- Resumés – The employers' perspective.
- Cover letters – From applicant to potential candidate.
- Networking – Communicate your brand.
- Tough interview questions – How to answer them.
For detailed descriptions of these seminars, please visit the DC Hired Portal. You do not need to log in to book a seminar, but we do ask that you make your request at least two weeks in advance.
We’ve compiled the information we typically provide to your students during one-on-one appointments into reference documents for your own use, whether you are developing curriculum, or simply helping out a student seeking your advice on their resume or cover letter.
We regularly connect employers with students and alumni for a variety of employment opportunities. Job fairs and employer events are an important component of student success and we appreciate the support of faculty and staff by encouraging students to attend.
Faculty and staff can help by:
- Displaying provided promotional materials at the beginning or end of class.
- Not scheduling major assignment deadlines or tests during large-scale events.
- Excusing lateness or absence due to employer activity.
- Encouraging students to access our services to prepare for success at these events.
- Attending events themselves to meet prospective employers for our students.
- Suggesting employers you would like to see visit us.
All events hosted by the Career Development Office will be advertised on the DC Hired Portal. Once logged in, you can access the Events and Workshops calendar through the navigation menu on the left.