Advancing Innovation And Entrepreneurship
Research Day 2018
Thursday, May 3
8 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Student Services building, Oshawa campus
Please park in the Founders 2 parking lot. (Directions and parking)
What is Research Day?
Hosted by Durham College’s (DC) Office of Research Services, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, this annual event is a dynamic showcase of DC faculty, student researchers and industry partners. It creates awareness of the important role and impact applied research has on the community and showcases the experiential learning opportunities it creates for students.
About Research Day 2018
Now in its eighth year, this interactive forum will introduce participants to DC’s newest research centres: the AI Hub and the Centre for Craft Brewing Innovation, and will highlight other areas of research interest.
Participants will hear about applied research projects currently underway in areas of significance to the local and provincial economies and have the opportunity to network with researchers, funders, and colleagues.
2018 schedule of events
- Registration and hot breakfast – 8 a.m.
- Welcome and opening remarks – 9 a.m.
- Keynote address: Graham Binks, CEO, primeFusion Inc. – 9:10 a.m.
- Demonstration of an artificial intelligence-enabled home health care solution – 9:40 a.m.
- Networking break – 9:45 a.m.
- Concurrent breakout sessions – 10:15 a.m. to 12:35 p.m.
- Awards and closing remarks – 12:35 p.m.
Past Research Days:
- 2017 Annual Research Day
- 2016 Annual Research Day
- 2015 Annual Research Day
- 2014 Annual Research Day
- 2013 Annual Research Day
- 2012 Annual Research Day
- 2011 Annual Research Day