Your support is critical to your student’s success and can be demonstrated in many ways by:
- Being mindful of mid-term and exam periods and offer your student more space.
- Encouraging participation in Orientation Week and getting involved in the various opportunities available on campus – it a great way for your student to meet new people.
- Encouraging your student to come up with his or her own solutions.
- Encouraging your student to look at the positives and to learn from his or her mistakes.
- Listening to your student and only offering advice when asked.
- Re-assuring your student that you believe in and trust him or her.
- Sending an encouraging message.
- Suggesting that he or she explore the various student resources available on-campus.