Your learning experience will be complemented by a clinical practice component that provides students with the opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to be an effective care provider.
Please be aware that our Dental Hygiene program is currently operating our dental clinic at reduced capacity to comply with health and safety guidelines related to COVID-19. As such, some clinical hours may be scheduled on Saturdays or Sundays to ensure all students are able to complete their program requirements.
Please note: There are costs associated with Electronic Student Permit Checking (ESPC), immunizations, lab tests and certifications. Be sure to keep all of your receipts for income tax purposes. These costs include:
- Service fees for Verified, our documentation collection and ESPC verification partner.
- Costs to complete mandatory immunizations, lab tests, and certifications.
It is required that students have completed the ESPC with Verified to be eligible for the field placement component of this program. You must (at your expense) provide:
- A clear and current Criminal Reference Check (CRC) with Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) (Semester 4 and 6 students only). If you cannot provide a clear CRC with VSS, you may not be accepted for placement by a field placement agency. CRCs with VSS must be obtained from your local police station. You may be required to obtain additional CRCs with VSS to meet field placement agency requirements
- Current Level C CPR from a recognized provider
- Current standard first aid certification from a recognized provider
- Entry immunization form completed by a health-care provider