Your learning will be complemented by experiencing the dental operations of the Durham College dental hygiene clinic located on campus. Further development of your knowledge, skill and attitude will occur with an 80-hour field placement in a dental office that provides you with further practical, hands-on learning opportunities in order to apply classroom theory to an occupational setting. Field placement occurs immediately following semester 2 and may run into the month of May.
Please note: There are costs associated with Electronic Student Permit Checking (ESPC), immunizations, lab tests and certifications. Be sure to keep all of your receipts for income tax purposes. These costs include:
- Service fees for Verified, our documentation collection and ESPC verification partner.
- Costs to complete mandatory immunizations, lab tests, and certifications.
It is required that students have completed the ESPC with Verified to be eligible for the field placement component of this program. You must (at your expense) provide:
- Current Level C CPR from a recognized provider
- Current standard first aid certification from a recognized provider
- Entry immunization form completed by a health-care provider