This two-semester General Arts and Science Liberal Arts Ontario Tech University Transfer pathway is designed for individuals interested in pursuing studies in Ontario Tech’s Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Forensic Psychology.
Students have many opportunities to refine essential academic skills and develop the foundational knowledge needed to help ensure success in subsequent post-secondary studies. This pathway program assists students in strengthening their critical thinking and communication skills, increasing their knowledge of the social sciences (particularly with respect to psychology), and familiarizing themselves with the rigors and opportunities of post-secondary life.
Students will be required to complete six courses per semester (12 courses in total). Topics and subject areas include academic preparation, critical thinking, computer skills, communications, psychology, and sociology, among others.
Graduates of this pathway who have completed the requisite courses with a minimum average grade of at least ‘B+’ (77-79 per cent), with no individual course below ‘B-’ (70-72 per cent), may apply for admission into Year 2 of the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Forensic Psychology program.
The student advisor offers individual academic planning assistance; students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisor before selecting courses. Some General Arts and Science courses are also transferable to other post-secondary programs.
- It is each student’s responsibility to ensure that the courses they register in are appropriate for the stated admission requirements for future program choices.
- Successful completion of the GASF certificate does not guarantee admission into Ontario Tech or other post-secondary programs.
- Each educational institution determines its own admission requirements. If you plan to attend any university other than Ontario Tech or plan to continue your studies at another college, please ensure that the courses taken meet that institution’s admission requirements.
- All GASF students transferring to Ontario Tech’s Forensic Psychology program must complete BIOL 1841U – Essentials of Biology during their first semester of study at Ontario Tech or during the preceding spring/summer term.
- The student advisor offers individual academic planning assistance; students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisor before selecting their courses.