This two semester General Arts and Science Liberal Arts UOIT Transfer pathway is designed for individuals interested in pursuing studies in UOIT’s Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Forensic Psychology.
This program will provide an opportunity to develop and refine academic skills and, ultimately, provide the foundational knowledge needed to help ensure success in subsequent academic studies. This program also allows students to familiarize themselves with life and workload at a post-secondary institution.
Students will be required to complete six courses per semester (12 courses in total). These include five core (or mandatory) courses in Communications (two), Computers (one), Mathematics (one) and Preparing for Academic Success (one). Other prescribed courses in this two-semester pathway include Canadian Law (one), Canadian Government (one), Psychology (two), Political Science (one), and Sociology (two).
Graduates of this pathway who have completed the requisite courses with a minimum average grade of at least ‘B+’ (77-79 per cent), with no individual course below ‘B-’ (70-72 per cent), may apply for admission into Year 2 of the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Forensic Psychology program.
Some General Arts and Science courses are also transferable to other post-secondary programs. Individual academic planning assistance is also offered by the student advisor, and students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisor before selecting their courses.
- It is each student’s responsibility to ensure that the courses he or she is registered in are appropriate for the stated admission requirements for future program choices.
- Successful completion of the GASF certificate does not guarantee admission into UOIT or other post-secondary programs.
- Each educational institution determines its own admission requirements. If you plan to attend any university other than UOIT or plan to continue your studies at another college, please ensure that the courses taken meet that institution’s admission requirements.
- All GASF students transferring to UOIT’s Forensic Psychology program must complete BIOL 1841U – Essentials of Biology during their first semester of study at UOIT or during the preceding spring/summer term.
- Individual academic planning assistance is offered by the student advisor and students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisor before selecting their courses.