The Campus Libraries provide equitable access to a full range of services, resources and facilities for all by recognizing individual needs. Anyone with special needs is encouraged to ask for assistance from library staff.
- An automatic door is available at the library building entrances
- Desk height counter tops are available at service desks
- Wheelchair-accessible elevator services all floors in multi-floor libraries
- Wheelchair accessible washrooms are located in all library buildings
- Wheelchair-accessible public workstations with adaptive software
- Service animals are welcome
- Assistance is available from library staff for:
- retrieving material from the book stacks
- using the catalogue
- with printing and photocopying
- For extended book loans, contact Karin Downie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.721.2000 ext. 2967
- For in-depth reference assistance or to acquire material in an alternative format, contact a subject specialist.
The following adaptive equipment is available (until 30 minutes prior to library closing) in the Assisted Use Carrel room on the fourth floor of the North Oshawa Library on a first come, first served basis:
- For patrons that have a Durham College issued network login there is a computer loaded with adaptive software.
- A 22″ LCD monitor that can be used with a laptop.
- Height adjustable table.
Assisted Use Carrel room – access and use guidelines
- To access the room, present a valid library card at the Circulation Desk.
- This room is for individual study and is designated as a red zone area.
- Students requiring initial instruction should contact the Access and Support Centre for assistance.