This advanced diploma program is a three-year, fast-track program delivered over two calendar years. You will be required to complete academic and field placement components during the spring and summer of both years.
Designed to prepare you to provide frontline treatment services to young people with complex special needs you will receive specific education and skill development related to:
- Child management techniques
- Designing treatment programs (for individuals and groups)
- Family support interventions
- Therapeutic relationships
- Working with multidisciplinary teams
The curriculum encourages self-reflective practice that will enable you to explore your values, beliefs, attitudes and assumptions related to human behaviour and relationships.
Faculty will work closely with you to support skill development and growth in communication techniques and counselling theory and practice.