Organizations are relying more than ever before on their internal and external data sources to drive business planning, decision-making, and problem solving. Business intelligence and Big Data tools accomplish this by enabling unprecedented data collection and manipulation to permit organizations to respond quickly to market changes/opportunities. The need for graduates with these skills is growing at a rapid rate across all industries.
This Graduate Certificate program will enable students to support real world business decision-making and planning with data. Students will blend theoretical knowledge with hands-on practical skills for data collection, analysis, and manipulation. In addition, students will be able to present their analyses and findings to management and key business stakeholders.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze, organize, and manipulate data to support problem solving, business decision-making, and opportunity identification.
- Develop statistical and predictive models that use operational and marketing data to identify patterns and provide insights to business stakeholders.
- Assess and apply business intelligence and Big Data tools appropriate to the business decisions, business problems, data movement, and system workloads.
- Prepare and communicate complex materials verbally, in writing, and digitally for a variety of audiences, purposes and levels of detail.
- Analyse and interpret data as it relates to various aspects of a business organization’s readiness to change.
- Conduct data analysis and research in a respectful and ethical manner that protects privacy and maintains dignity to all involved.
- Deliver data oriented projects using data science, business analysis, and project management principles, tools, and techniques to ensure clients’ business needs are achieved.