The following information is an excerpt from the Durham College Emergency Closure Policy
The operations deemed to be ‘essential services’ that must be partially or fully kept in operation when the college is closed are as follows:
- Communications and Marketing.
- Emergency repair and maintenance.
- Food service in residence.
- HVAC and electrical service.
- Information Technology Services.
- Labs that require continued operation, including animal care.
- Residence and Conference Centre.
- Parking services.
- Snow removal (grounds crew), if required.
The specific staff members responsible for maintaining the above essential services will be designated by the dean or director responsible for those services.