The Library has many resources and services that you can access remotely, from ebooks and databases to our online chat service, askON.
Librarian Consultations: Online and Email
Your Subject Specialist Librarian is available to help you with finding reliable information for assignments, research, and citation guides and tools:
- Find your Subject Specialist Librarian
- Online appointments can be held via Google Meet (also available on iOS and Android)
- You can also contact the Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get research help from anywhere! Use the “Click to chat” button at the bottom of our website to start chatting, or text 289.460.2275 (find hours here). We can help you:
- Find resources on a topic
- Locate a specific book or article
- Use citation guides
- Ebooks and articles you can found through the Omni Search tool on the Library homepage
- For ebooks, enter your search and select the filters Available online and Books & eBooks
- Subject-specific databases
- Streaming videos
- Research Guides with recommendations of the best resources for your program or subject
- LinkedIn Learning courses and videos
When you are off campus, select an online resource and sign in with your Student/Staff ID and Network password when prompted.
Connecting to Library E-Resources
To create permalinks and connect to the Library’s online resources, use the following proxy prefix before the URL for an online article or other electronic resource:
Follow these steps to create stable links to Library e-resources from off campus:
- Add the proxy prefix to the beginning of the URL:
- Delete any dashes or hyphens from the resource’s base URL and replace with dots, following normal URL conventions:
- Remove proxy information from the middle of the resource URL, if present:
If you have difficulty or need assistance, please contact email@example.com for support.
Find copyright guidelines and quick tips for shifting your course from in-person to online.
Renewing and Returning Books and Materials
Anyone with items currently on loan may keep them until further notice. Due dates are extended and any late fees will be waived. There is no need to come to campus to return items at this time.
For further assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.