The Library has many resources and services that you can access remotely, from ebooks and databases to our online chat service, askON.
Librarian Consultations: Online and Email
Your Subject Specialist Librarian is available to help you with finding reliable information for assignments, research, and citation guides and tools:
- Find your Subject Specialist Librarian
- Online appointments can be held via Google Meet (also available on iOS and Android)
- You can also contact the Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get research help from anywhere! Use the “Click to chat” button at the bottom of our website to start chatting, or text 289.460.2275 (find hours here). We can help you:
- Find resources on a topic
- Locate a specific book or article
- Use citation guides
- Ebooks and articles you can found through the Omni Search tool on the Library homepage
- For ebooks, enter your search and select the filters Available online and Books & eBooks
- Subject-specific databases
- Streaming videos
- Research Guides with recommendations of the best resources for your program or subject
- LinkedIn Learning courses and videos
When you are off campus, select an online resource and sign in with your Student/Staff ID and Network password when prompted.
Connecting to Library E-Resources
To create permalinks and connect to the Library’s online resources, use the following proxy prefix before the URL for an online article or other electronic resource:
Follow these steps to create stable links to Library e-resources from off campus:
- Add the proxy prefix to the beginning of the URL:
- Delete any dashes or hyphens from the resource’s base URL and replace with dots, following normal URL conventions:
- Remove proxy information from the middle of the resource URL, if present:
If you have difficulty or need assistance, please contact email@example.com for support.
Find copyright guidelines and quick tips for shifting your course from in-person to online.
For further assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.