On November 2, Durham College (DC) opened its doors to prospective students and their families and friends at the Oshawa and Whitby campuses and Pickering Learning Site for the college’s annual Fall Open House.
The event gave 2,900 visitors the opportunity to explore DC’s facilities, take guided tours and learn more about student support services and the college’s more than 140 full-time programs as well as hundreds of continuing education offerings.
DC president Don Lovisa, current students, alumni, faculty and staff were all on hand to share first-hand knowledge and experience related to all things DC.
Fall Open House also gave guests the opportunity to learn about the newest programs being launched at DC, including its second degree program, the Honours Bachelor of Behavioural Science.
Other new programs coming to DC in fall 2020 include:
- Autism and Behavioural Sciences (graduate certificate)
- Environment Health and Safety Management (graduate certificate)
- Esport Business Management (graduate certificate)
- Journalism and Creative Writing (an integrated diploma and degree program offered in partnership with Trent University Durham GTA)
- Tourism – Destination Marketing (Ontario College Diploma)
Anyone who missed Fall Open House is still in luck; campus tours and information sessions can be scheduled online or by calling 905.721.3000. DC will also hold its Spring Open House on Saturday, April 4, 2020.