Your learning experience will be complemented by a semester-long, 490-hour clinical field placement, supervised by a qualified professional practitioner and monitored by a college advisor from the Addictions and Mental Health program.
Please note: There are costs associated with Electronic Student Permit Checking (ESPC), immunizations, lab tests and certifications. Be sure to keep all of your receipts for income tax purposes. These costs include:
- Service fees for Verified, our documentation collection and ESPC verification partner.
- Costs to complete mandatory immunizations, lab tests, and certifications.
It is required that students have completed the ESPC with Verified to be eligible for the field placement component of this program. You must (at your expense) provide:
- A clear and current Criminal Reference Check (CRC) with Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS). If you cannot provide a clear CRC with VSS you may not be accepted for placement by a field placement agency. CRCs with VSS must be obtained from your local police station. You may be required to obtain additional CRCs with VSS in order to meet field placement agency requirements
- Current Level C CPR certificate from a recognized provider
- Current standard first aid certificate from a recognized provider
- Entry immunization form completed by a health-care provider