NOTE: Students enrolling in this program are required to purchase their own laptop. For specific hardware and software requirements for this program click here.
This program was created by DC and Ontario Tech for individuals who plan to take Ontario Tech’s Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) degree program. The bridging courses required for admission to the degree program are embedded in the curriculum and if you achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 in each semester of your DC courses and no grade below C in your Ontario Tech courses, you can apply directly to the third year of the degree program. This opportunity allows qualified candidates to major in Entrepreneurship at Ontario Tech; however, acceptance is based on Ontario Tech approval with higher marks required. The Ontario Tech embedded courses are flexible and subject to change by the university. Academic planning assistance will be offered to you by a DC student advisor representative.
As a student participating in this program, you will be registered at DC and at Ontario Tech. Ontario Tech offers classes in the evenings and the annual calendars including reading week are generally different. Students are expected to attend all classes that are scheduled. In addition, the two institutions use different learning management systems.
For more information please visit the Ontario Tech’s Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note: You will apply to the Entrepreneurship and Small Business – Business – Transfer to Ontario Tech Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) program at www.ontariocolleges.ca using the BETU application code. Upon meeting the selection criteria and achieving the required grades, you will be eligible to complete the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree at Ontario Tech.
- This program enables students to complete the Entrepreneurship and Small Business – Business diploma at DC and the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) at Ontario Tech in four years for qualifying students, and at less cost than a typical Bachelor degree program.
- This program provides students with the option of proceeding in second year with the college-only curriculum to complete the Entrepreneurship and Small Business – Business diploma, or proceeding to complete the university transfer, which will include five university credits.
- This unique pathway is available on a shared campus with exposure to college and university faculty, information and opportunities. Students can transfer to the first-year of any other business program at DC after the first semestergraduate after the second year with an Entrepreneurship and Small Business – Business diploma.
Students can also earn the following globally recognized certificates by taking Microsoft Office Specialist exams as part of their computer courses:
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Word Associate (COMP1209)
- Microsoft Office Specialist: PowerPoint Associate (COMP1209)
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate (COMP2209)
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Expert (if applicable currently will be offered in Accounting and Supply Chain programs)
Students who successfully pass all three exams can earn an extra certificate that recognizes their accomplishment with the Microsoft Office Specialist: Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019) certificate. DC students are provided access to Microsoft Office 365 through the college’s Microsoft Office account. See more details about this opportunity.