Our START STRONG program has been designed to assist you with your transition to college by providing you with the opportunity to meet representatives from your school as well as other first-year students, get your administrative tasks complete (for example, pick up your books, get your Campus ID card), take a tour of your classes, and explore some of the many services offered on campus. Most of all, we want you to leave feeling confident that Durham College is the right place for you!
To register for a Start Strong session, please select the date and time for your school and complete the following registration form.
Please note that programs located at the Whitby campus should select the option for ALL WHITBY CAMPUS PROGRAMS with the exception of students in the Animal Care program who are encouraged to register for the SCHOOL OF HEALTH AND COMMUNITY SERVICES date.
Students unable to register for their school specific date are encouraged to register for the GENERAL SESSION on Saturday, August 31.
- All Whitby Campus Programs – Tuesday, August 20 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- School of Health and Community Services – Wednesday, August 21 form 9 a.m. to noon
- School of Justice and Emergency Services – Wednesday, August 21 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- School of Business, IT and Management – Thursday, August 22 from 9 a.m. to noon
- School of Interdisciplinary Studies – Thursday, August 22 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- School of Science and Engineering Technology – Friday, August 23 from 9 a.m. to noon
- School of Media, Art and Design – Friday, August 23 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- General Session (Oshawa campus programs only) – Saturday, August 31 from 9 a.m. to noon
- General Session (Whitby campus programs only) – Saturday August 31 from 9 a.m. to noon