NOTE: Students enrolling in this program are required to purchase their own laptop. For specific hardware and software requirements for this program click here.
In today’s workplace, computer skills are a virtual necessity. Whether you’re working with numbers, designs or words, your ability to successfully navigate digital technology can help you get your foot in the door when applying for that perfect job. This program develops fundamental skills in computer technologies including computer programming, web development, computer networking, hardware and operating systems that will open the door to pursuing additional certifications and/or diplomas.
The technical skills gained will benefit graduates both personally and professionally whether they choose to use the program as a starting point to a more advanced IT diploma or as a solid foundation in digital technology.
Students who enter the program with a previous educational credential can supplement their learning by adding a technical skillset providing them with a competitive advantage when entering the workforce.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze and resolve information technology problems through the application of systematic approaches.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain computer systems and networks to meet user requirements.
- Design, model and implement a simple database.
- Design and develop simple software applications to address user needs.
- Complete all work in compliance with relevant policies, practices, processes and procedures.
- Participate as an effective member of a team.
- Interpret, produce, and present work related documents and information effectively and accurately.
CertificationsStudents may choose to pursue the following industry certifications, which could require additional exams and/or related work experience to qualify:
- CompTIA - A+
- CompTIA - Network+