The Career Development office enables employers to recruit and hire students and graduates of Durham College’s over 140 programs. Our students offer fresh perspectives, a wealth of technical knowledge and practical skills that will enhance any organization. Whether you are looking for contract, summer, part-time or full-time employees, Career Development can connect you with students and graduates by offering free job posting services, on-campus recruiting opportunities and resources.
JOB POSTING SERVICE
Employers can access services and resources through the DC Hired site, the exclusive online home for Career Development.
- Post employment opportunities for students and graduates free of charge
- Advertise full-time, part-time, summer, contract and/or volunteer opportunities
- Target opportunities to academic programs specific to your industry
- Monitor job seeker traffic that your job posting generates
Register for an account.
Participation in an event assures your organization targeted publicity, on-campus visibility and the opportunity to meet with students face-to-face.
Join us at one or more of our events:
- Part-time Job Fair, held in the first week of September, promotes local employers to new and returning students
- Job Fair, held in February, is an ideal opportunity for employers actively recruiting to fill full- time, part-time, contract, and summer vacancies
- Tradesmart, held in February at our Whitby campus, focuses on employers that are recruiting for positions in the skilled trades and technologies
We offer a range of on-campus recruitment opportunities including:
- Career workshops or presentations to students
- Participation in career panels
- Networking breakfasts
- Speed mentoring sessions
- Mock interviews
Experiential learning is a required component in many post-secondary programs and provides students with supervised experience in the field prior to graduation. To learn more about co-operative education (co-op), click here. To learn more about field placement, click here.