There are two recommended models of MacBook laptops you will want to consider and each will meet the requirements of your program. Students will want to be familiar with the hardware and software used in the industry by professionals. our professors highly recommend the use of MacBooks.
- Our professors have extensive professional experience and recommend the 16-inch MacBook Pro with 512GB storage as ideal for incoming students. The larger screen allows for more workspace based on the complex software programs students will be using. This design with advanced features meets all the needs and expectations for this program. Students will seamlessly integrate into the workforce upon graduation, armed with the same tool used by many of our industry partners.
- Alternatively, students may wish to purchase a more entry level laptop for those who are budget minded. Our professors recommend the 13-inch MacBook Pro with 256GB storage. Although this laptop costs less it will still give the student the opportunity to meet the needs of the program.
- Operating System (bundled with new notebook computer purchase)
- Membership in Adobe Creative Cloud™ is included in your Student Fees and will be made available during your first week. There is no need to purchase a subscription.
- Microsoft Office (Available for free for students from Microsoft through your DC Mail account. Please do not buy it.)
Creative Cloud brings together everything you need to create your greatest work. One simple membership gives you and your classmates to the very latest versions of all the Adobe professional creative desktop applications like Photoshop®, Illustrator®, Premiere Pro® and more — plus new features and upgrades as soon as they're available. And that's just the beginning. With Creative Cloud™, everything you need to create intuitively and collaboratively is included.
Free downloadable software (please download and install prior to the start of classes. Caution: To avoid malware, only download from the actual developer or using the links below):
OTHER RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
- All students MUST have a Cat 5e or Cat 6 Ethernet cable 2 meters long to connect to the campus network and an adapter to connect to Ethernet depending on the laptop.
- USB flash drive for storing smaller amounts of data
- External hard disk USB-3 or USB-C 1 TB or larger
- Wacom Intuous 3 6×8-inch digital graphics tablet (optional)
NOTE: These requirements were accurate at the time of posting and are subject to change. Please be aware that hardware and software versions are subject to change and will be updated as needed. For further information and FAQ click here.