Hardware recommendations and FAQ document
- Operating System (bundled with new notebook computer purchase)
- Membership in Adobe Creative Cloud™ is included in your Student Fees and will be made available during your first week. There is no need to purchase a subscription.
- Microsoft Office (Available for free for students from Microsoft through your DC Mail account. Please do not buy it.)
Creative Cloud brings together everything you need to create your greatest work. One simple membership gives you and your classmates to the very latest versions of all the Adobe professional creative desktop applications like Photoshop®, Illustrator®, Premiere Pro® and more — plus new features and upgrades as soon as they're available. And that's just the beginning. With Creative Cloud™, everything you need to create intuitively and collaboratively is included.
Free downloadable software (please download and install prior to the start of classes. Caution: To avoid malware, only download from the actual developer or using the links below):
OTHER RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
- All students MUST have a Cat 5e or Cat 6 Ethernet cable 2 meters long to connect to the campus network and an adapter to connect to Ethernet depending on the laptop.
- USB flash drive for storing smaller amounts of data
- External hard disk USB-3 or USB-C 1 TB or larger
- Wacom Intuous 3 6×8-inch digital graphics tablet (optional)
NOTE: These requirements were accurate at the time of posting and are subject to change. Please be aware that hardware and software versions are subject to change and will be updated as needed.