If you are a domestic or internationally educated professional with a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree, you may be eligible for a compressed, fast-track opportunity to complete your diploma requirements in two semesters.
This program will provide you with the training and hands-on experience necessary to begin a career in non-destructive evaluation/testing (NDE/NDT). In combination with your degree those skills will allow for you to assess the data collection from the inspections and provide reports to senior management.
NDT inspectors engage in the examination and testing of cars, trains, airplanes, space craft towers, bridges, ships, power plants, amusement park rides etc. You will learn how to examine these objects without causing damage or impairment to their future use, hence the term non-destructive. You will also learn how testing in this fashion is used to detect possible internal or external defects and examine the properties of the object.
At the end of the program, you will be eligible to take method-specific certification exams regulated by the Canadian General Standards Board if you have 70 per cent or better in the related NDT courses.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Complete all work in compliance with current legislation, standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Apply quality control and quality assurance procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Comply with current health and safety legislation, as well as organizational practices and procedures.
- Apply sustainability best practices in workplaces.
- Use current and emerging technologies to support the implementation of mechanical engineering projects.
- Analyze and solve mechanical problems by applying mathematics and fundamentals of mechanical engineering.
- Interpret, prepare and modify mechanical engineering drawings and other related technical documents.
- Contribute to the design and the analysis of mechanical components, processes and systems applying fundamentals of mechanical engineering.
- Manufacture, assemble, maintain and repair mechanical components according to required specifications.
- Verify the specifications of materials, processes and operations to support the design and production of mechanical components.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance.