In this two-year program you will learn to assist with the implementation of rehabilitation treatment plans and programs across the lifespan, from children to older adults, and throughout the continuum of care. Our faculty team brings a wide variety of clinical experiences and expertise to ensure you are well-prepared for your future career in rehabilitation.
Program highlights include:
- Hands-on labs begin in semester one where you learn and practice therapy skills in small groups to prepare you for success in the field
- Close to 600 hours of fieldwork experience, offering diverse placement settings
- Theory and labs specializing in teaching the knowledge and skills necessary to treat clients with a wide variety of musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiac, respiratory and complex conditions
- Our new on-site living lab provides the opportunity to practice clinical skills and scenarios in a realistic environment
- Focus on development of professional skills throughout the program, including effective verbal and written communication strategies
- Collaborations with community partners and other disciplines allow students the opportunity to experience interprofessional rehabilitation and further develop team-work and communication skills
The Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Program at Durham College is seeking accreditation by the Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Education Accreditation Program (OTA and PTA EAP) of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapy Education Accreditation Canada. The program has been granted Candidacy Status, which denotes an affiliation with the OTA and PTA EAP and is a pre-requisite for accreditation of the education program. Candidacy Status is not an accreditation status and does not assure that the program will be granted accreditation once it undergoes a full accreditation review.
OTA & PTA EAP Contact Information: Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Education Accreditation Program c/o Physiotherapy Education Accreditation Canada
Suite 26, 509 Commissioners Road West London, Ontario, N6J 1Y5