Information Technology (IT) is integral to the student experience at Durham College and is an essential aspect of academic and personal success. The IT skills and experience our students develop are broadly used during their academic studies and, more importantly, in furthering their personal, professional and career success.
The ITS fee that each student pays is used to help fund and support the following IT products and services:
- More than 1500 computers in classrooms and labs available to all students
- More than 40 software titles on these computers including Microsoft, Adobe, AutoCAD and many others
- Library Computers
- More than 130 computers for public use during library operating hours
- More than 50 additional computers located in instructional classrooms
- Kiosk computers are available on the first floor of the library for guest access
- Oshawa Learning Commons and Whitby Commons with over 200 computers
- Wireless access and internet connections
- Provides certified technicians and experienced IT professionals who are capable of dealing with most IT issues or queries
- Provides direct access to additional college staff who can provide expertise on IT applications, systems and products used to support students and faculty
- View more than 30 fact sheets to answer many of the common computer issues students encounter
- Create a self-service ticket for quicker access to the assistance of a technician
- A 75,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility that provides comfort and convenience
- More than 200 workstations, wired laptop connections and designated wireless areas for laptops
- Additional amenities include access to CD burners and all-in-one tablets
All full-time and part-time students and employees at Durham College have access to the full suite of Lynda.com. As part of an agreement between the Government of Ontario, eCampusOntario is pleased to provide post-secondary institutions access to this content at no cost for three years, to September 21, 2020.
Lynda.com is an on-demand learning solution designed to help you gain new skills and advance your career. Logging in to Lynda.com offers a customized learning experience that features instructional content relevant to your professional interests and goals. Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative, and technology topics.
To log on to Lynda.com go to http://lynda.dc-uoit.ca and use your network ID and Password (Banner number and email/network password). You can also download and use the lynda.com app. To log in with the app choose the “Organizational” tab and use the Web Portal option. It will expect durhamcollege.ca as the URL.
If you have difficulty in logging on please contact the IT Service Desk.
- Available to all students in classrooms and other learning spaces for collaborative and individual work
- No-charge equipment rentals include TV/DVD/VHS units, presenter/computers/DVD/VHS/Amp units, slide projectors, portable audio players, audio recorders, computer microphones, digital cameras, digital video recorders and flip charts
- In-person and online technical support available for above resources upon request
Location: Room A165
IT Services is pleased to provide access to Microsoft OneDrive for all Durham College (DC) students. This is a secure cloud-based information storage option that will provide students the ability to save files to the cloud and access them from almost any device on- or off-campus, as long as they have an internet connection. Microsoft OneDrive can also allow files and folders to be shared with other individuals or groups of individuals.
Each student will be provided at least one TB of storage and continue to have access to their personal network space, the H: drive.
Please view the FAQ for additional information.
If you have any questions, please email the IT Service Desk or call ext. 3333.
The campus network allows students to access the applications and resources needed for learning and is available on and off of campus. The network includes:
- A high-speed on-campus network
- A high-capacity Internet services
- A student residence network
- Wireless and wired network access (with co-located electrical connections)
- Consistent access to high-quality technology, resources and services in and outside the classroom
- The ability for students to communicate easily and frequently with one another and their professors
- DC Connect (learning management system)
- MyCampus Student Portal
- Web registration
- Class schedules
- Grades and records
- Official tax documents
- Information and important dates from service areas such as Student Services, the Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid and Awards
- Specialized academic applications
- In-class automated response applications
- Available to students while on campus
- Each computer, college- or student-owned, can connect to a desired printer through the college computer network
- Printers are available in almost all classrooms, public spaces and collaborative work spaces including the Learning Commons, Campus Library and computer labs
- Each student is provided with a printing allocation of up to 1,000 pages per academic year
- Additional printing packages can be purchased at the Campus Bookstore
ITS Service Desk
Learning Commons, Gordon Willey building, Room SW100
T: 905.721.3333 or 905.721.2000 ext. 3333