The Oshawa Campus Library has approximately 700 study spaces available in a mixture of soft seating, open tables and study carrels.
Our hours change during the summer semester, exam period, and around the holiday break. We also have lots of items you can borrow besides books, including laptops, mice, podcast kits, stationery and more!
The Library has 5 floors, split into areas that allow for different levels of noise and food or drink.
- Colour printer on the first floor, black and white printers and copiers on all other floors (except the 4th floor, no copier in the Den)
- A digital recording room on the ground floor
- 10 bookable group study rooms, that fit between 2 to 8 people, each equipped with a whiteboard (LIB 303 and 305 have a Smartboard - use SmartNote for these boards, available on laptops for loan at the Circulation Desk; LIB 304 has a Brio display)
- Two silent study rooms, one each on the 3rd and 4th floors
- Our beautiful Fireside Reading Room is also available for event booking
- 48 computer workstations across the first, second and third floors (available on a first come, first serve basis)
- Two Library Labs (LIB 132 and 134) with an additional 60 computer workstations, open to student use unless required by Library staff for instruction (note to Faculty: to schedule your class for library instruction, please contact 905.721.3082 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Library Den, with open tables and whiteboards, and a microwave just outside the doors
- Assisted Use Carrel room, with adaptive equipment on the fourth floor