Colours express meaning and can provide emotions related to them. The colours in the DC brand have been carefully selected to represent the tradition of DC for close to 50 years as well as the implication of growth and renewal.
Consistent use of colour supports visual cohesion across our communications and leverages emotional resonance with our brand.
Our primary green is our signature colour by which our audiences identify us as DC and it should be the main colour used in any branded material. The DC secondary colours can be used as supplementary colours but should not visually dominate.
Our brand colours should be incorporated into your materials to tap into that powerful recognition and connect with our brand. To ensure consistency and protect our signature colours, be sure to use the proper values below.
DC Green is used to unify the brand's identity and should be used most frequently in your communication materials.
C 100 M 0 Y 67 K 29
R 0 G 98 B 67
- Black is used for text only.
- White is the preferred background for DC materials. In other instances, white becomes the inverted colour on a DC Green background.
- These colours are used to enhance our primary colour and create differentiation and emphasis.
- We recommend using Samac Orange for a call to action.
- Simcoe Grey is used to break up large portions of white, or for subtle elements to enhance the design and message.
- Cadbury Brown is used in bar graphic elements only.
C 0 M 0 Y 0 K 0
R 255 G 255 B 255
C 0 M 0 Y 0 K 100
R 0 G 0 B 0
C 0 M 68 Y 100 K 0
R 211 G 50 B 34
C 50 M 0 Y 100 K 0
R 69 G 160 B 70
C 0 M 2 Y 0 K 68
R 69 G 85 B 96
C 0 M 60 Y 100 K 80
R 66 G 28 B 16
Although specific applications will vary, the cumulative effect maintains the overall colour balance of the brand. Please follow this general guideline when using DC's colour system.