TurningPoint is a PowerPoint add-in that must be started separately by first opening the TurningPoint program and then selecting your PowerPoint.
- Launch the TurningPoint program
- Click on the PowerPoint Polling tile to launch PowerPoint.
TurningPoint PowerPoint presentations can be run by following a 4-step process.
- Launch the TurningPoint application
- Enable your mobile session. Take note of your Session id, you will need to communicate this to your students.
- Click on the PowerPoint Polling tile, and then open your presentation
- Reset your session. Click on file -> Reset Session
- Once you complete these 4 steps, you can start your presentation in slideshow mode, and obtain responses from your students!
Rarely, PowerPoint may experience a short delay in communication with TurningPoint upon start-up, and as a result, will disable the TurningPoint add-in.
To re-enable it, follow these steps.
- Launch PowerPoint
- Click on file -> options
- Click on the Add-ins tab on the left
- At the bottom, you will see Manage: COM Add-ins. Select Go…
- If TurningPoint does not have a check mark, check it, and click OK.
- If this doesn’t work, repeat steps 1-3
- Click on the COM Add-ins drop down, and switch it to Disabled Items and select Go…
- If you see TurningPoint here, click on it, and choose Enable