NOTE: Students enrolling in this program are required to purchase their own laptop. For specific hardware and software requirements for this program click here.
The Advertising and Marketing Communications program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the evolving and exciting world of advertising. Students will learn how to plan, create, and execute effective integrated communications’ programs while exploring how the industry is structured, gaining insight into the unique roles, responsibilities and relationships among its key participants, including: advertising agencies, advertisers, the media and all other production suppliers.
Post-admission communications assessment
To help prepare you for success in your program and in your future career, all students accepted into this program will complete an assessment to determine your reading comprehension and writing skills. For more information please visit the post-admission communications assessment website.
Program outcome highlights
- Respond to client advertising and marketing communication objectives by applying the principles of marketing
- Provide creative solutions to address specific advertising and marketing communication challenges
- Perform a market segmentation analysis; identify potential target audiences and define the consumer behaviour for each segment
- Develop and present advertising and media plans
- Collaborate in the development of advertising and marketing communication materials
- Effective sales and presentation techniques
- Creative copywriting involving scripting for broadcast, print, and digital
- Aspects of design theory
- Photography and digital imaging
- Use of current industry software in the production of advertising materials
- Web and video production
- Social and interactive media
- Planning, selling, and creating materials for campus media
- Media planning and buying
- Advertising law and research
- Campaign/portfolio development