Durham College website in the ‘About us’ and ‘Governance’ section (Under the policies tab).
There are two prayer locations:
- Gordon Willey building, Room C123 (multi-faith prayer room)
- U5 Portable, Room U5-67 (Muslim prayer room) with a washing area in Room U5-64
- Black History Month events;
- Faith Mosaic;
- International Women’s Day events;
- Pangaea cultural event;
- Pride events;
- Ramadan Dinner (Muslim); and
- Violence Against Women Awareness.
- Advocacy and advisory support;
- Diversity events and activities ;
- Harassment and discrimination investigations;
- Information and referral services;
- Resources; and
- Training and education.
Information complaints are usually managed through discussion or mediation with the diversity officer.
Formal complaints require a written complaint by the student and will result in a higher level of investigation. Recommendation: if you are questioning harassment or discrimination contact the diversity officer.
Office of Student Diversity, Inclusion and Transitions
Student Services building, CFCE Room 131
Hours of operation: by appointment
T: 905.721.2000 ext. 2855