Do we have a human rights policy on campus? Where can I find this policy?
Durham College website in the ‘About us’ and ‘Governance’ section (Under the policies tab).
Do we have prayer space at the Oshawa campus?
There are two prayer locations:
- Gordon Willey building, Room C123 (multi-faith prayer room)
- U5 Portable, Room U5-67 (Muslim prayer room) with a washing area in Room U5-64
What are some of the diversity focused activities and events on campus?
- Black History Month events;
- Faith Mosaic;
- International Women’s Day events;
- Pangaea cultural event;
- Pride events;
- Ramadan Dinner (Muslim); and
- Violence Against Women Awareness.
What are the services offered by the Office of Student Diversity, Inclusion and Transitions?
- Advocacy and advisory support;
- Diversity events and activities ;
- Harassment and discrimination investigations;
- Information and referral services;
- Resources; and
- Training and education.
Where do I make a harassment/discrimination complaint?
Information complaints are usually managed through discussion or mediation with the diversity officer.
Formal complaints require a written complaint by the student and will result in a higher level of investigation. Recommendation: if you are questioning harassment or discrimination contact the diversity officer.
Where is the human rights or Office of Student Diversity, Inclusion and Transitions located?
Office of Student Diversity, Inclusion and Transitions
Student Services building, SSB 211D
Hours of operation: by appointment
T: 905.721.2000 ext. 2856