NOTE: Students enrolling in this program are required to purchase their own laptop. For specific laptop and software requirements for this program click here.
In this program, students use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects as well as contemporary web-based coding frameworks to understand User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design. They learn to create compelling visual assets for interactive animated and motion infographics. They are also taught digital and traditional illustration techniques and develop a proficiency in interactive storytelling.
You will be introduced to layout, typography, digital colour theory and strategies for using these skills in a variety of integrated media projects. You will also learn to use a digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera and basic capture, edit and printing techniques.
You will produce animated and visual assets for integrated media projects, such as web apps, interactive infographics, virtual environments, marketing installations and touchscreen presentations.
In The News
Program Learning Outcomes
- Complete both individual and collaborative interactive media projects effectively.
- Use best practices and tools to design and develop dynamic, rich-media content.
- Contribute to the assessment of the requirements of an interactive media project.
- Contribute to the development, budgeting, planning and professional presentation of an interactive media project.
- Design a media project (interface, navigation, graphics, text treatment) using current best practice design and development principles, and applying conceptual and theoretical frameworks.
- Build effective and dynamic Web sites and/or mobile applications.
- Identify and analyze ethical and professional issues arising in an online environment.
- Apply research and conceptual skills to propose possible solutions for mobile/multimedia/Web development problems.
- Use creative and critical thinking techniques in the effective design, development and implementation of an interactive media project.
- Contribute to the assessment of the financial, technical and artistic success of an interactive media project.