This program is designed for students with previous education. Please see the entrance requirements section of this page for more detail.
It will provide you with the knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to successfully manage projects from a wide array of industries. Students who have experience and are seasoned professionals in the area of project management will have the opportunity to learn new skills and add to their credentials in order to advance their career. In addition students will have several opportunities to gain real-world experience through case study analysis and a capstone project.
To remain competitive in a global economy, organizations are using project management processes to shorten product development cycles, respond quickly and effectively to opportunities, re-evaluate their processes, capitalize on the technical knowledge within their organization and control costs. Project management is one of the top skill sets sought by organizations to help ensure their objectives are met on time and on budget.
Individuals with these specialized skills are becoming increasingly important in today's economy.
Graduates will be prepared to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control a project to ensure its success.
Project managers are key employees in many organizations, managing a wide array of projects in almost every major industry. In just eight-months, you will gain the foundation for success and develop the ability to:
- Managing the scope, cost, timing and quality of a project.
- Aligning a project to an organization's strategic plans and goals.
- Identifying project goals, constraints, deliverables, performance criteria, control needs and resource requirements in consultation with stakeholders.
- Implementing Project Management Institute knowledge around processes, lifecycle phases and concepts and tools and techniques.
- Using technology for communication, collaboration, information management and decision support.
- Applying appropriate legal and ethical standards.